How to Use and Benefit from Chakra Tuning Forks
Tuning forks aren't new to the world. They’re commonly used to tune musical instruments but in the 20th century it was discovered they could positively affect our bodies and they became a part of alternative holistic healing.
Sound Therapy Through Chakra Tuning Forks
The vibration and sound that the tuning fork makes helps to balance the body’s energy. It reduces tension and promotes emotional harmony. It works in a similar way to acupuncture but instead of needles, sound frequencies are used to stimulate points in the body.
Benefits of Chakra Tuning Forks
The increase in energy flow created by using the tuning forks improves circulation and removes blocked energy in the body. The removal of the blocks help to …
- Increase blood flow and because your cells can work better together, it can have a positive effect on blood pressure
- The vibrations calm you down so inflammation in the body is lowered, as Shape magazine They also report that the vibrations relax your muscles, while also controlling your blood glucose levels and the body’s release of hormones.
- The vibrations can also lower heart rate and brain wave patterns, lowering stress and tension.
- Some practitioners have used tuning forks as an alternative treatment for conditions such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and sleep disorders.
- They can also help to relieve pain. Some studies have suggested that tuning forks can relieve bone and muscle pain, as reported by Senses & Sciences.
- Balance the nervous system, enhances relaxation, stimulates chi, brings tranquility, and inspires calm.
Types of Tuning Forks
There are two types of tuning forks -- weighted and unweighted. In Life Changing Energy, we carry rainbow colored weighted tuning forks.
WEIGHTED TUNING FORKS
These are tuning forks that have weights at the end of each prong.
You can use them directly in the area of the body that you want to treat. They generate stronger and deeper vibrations than unweighted forks.
An English osteopath named Sir Peter Guy Manners is considered the father of sound therapy and this is where tuning fork therapy came about.
In the 1960s, his work on the use of sound frequencies that were being used in the treatment of various diseases.
In Senses & Sciences journal it says that in the 1960s, Manners found that sound therapy could be used to treat many diseases – sound therapy and tuning forks stimulated the human body’s ability to heal itself.
Tuning forks were then applied to muscles and bones.
A Non-Invasive Healing Method
After striking a tuning fork, a tone is produced. By slowly moving the tuning fork over someone’s aura or space around them, it can offer healing properties, especially when used with each chakra. The ends can be put directly on the body, with or without a healing crystal associated with a chakra.
Tuning forks are made in such a way that they generate a pure sound, with a specific amount of vibrations every second.
AND what’s really great is that you don’t always have to go to a professional or alternative practitioner to be treated with tuning forks. They’re very simple to use.
It's important to get a full set of chakra body tuning forks because, in general, when one chakra is off, the others are out of balance too. If one chakra is blocked, the ones that are open try to compensate for the imbalance.
How to Use Weighted Chakra Tuning Forks
- Start by striking your tuning fork with your mallet or gently tap the tuning fork against your knee or palm of your hand. With a weighted tuning fork, you should hit it on the top of the weighted portion. Each tuning fork in the set in Life Changing Energy have a mallet.
- Hold the tuning fork by its handle or stem, but keep your wrists flexible and relax your fingers.
- Use the end of your tuning fork directly on the area of the body that’s experiencing pain or discomfort, such as a muscle or joint. Gently touch the part of the body with the fork and you’ll be able to feel the vibration (it will likely go through your whole body but be strongest where it's touching).
- Increase the effectiveness by using a crystal gemstone on your body, then the tuning fork on top of the stone.
Tuning Forks and Your Chakras
The seven basic chakras of the body are circular vortexes of energy that are found in seven points along the body.
All the seven chakras are linked to various glands and organs in the body.
To enable chakra healing with the use of tuning forks, it’s good to know what each of the seven chakras requires when it comes to healing sound.
The frequencies are measured in hertz (Hz). As the Pure Integrated Health Services Foundation reports, here are the frequencies commonly used to stimulate the different chakras and what it helps, in general:
- 1stchakra (root) makes use of 194.18 Hz and it helps to release fear and guilt.
- 2ndchakra (sacral) makes use of 210.42 Hz and it enables change.
- 3rdchakra (solar plexus) makes use of 126.22 Hz and it enables transformation.
- 4thchakra (heart) makes use of 136.10 Hz and it helps you connect to others.
- 5thchakra (throat) makes use of 141.27 Hz and it encourages expression and solutions to problems.
- 6thchakra (third eye) makes use of 221.23 Hz and it encourages the intuition to be awakened.
- 7thchakra (crown) makes use of 172.06 hzand connects you to the Universe.
Note: It’s easier to use the tuning forks on the chakras while you are lying down, but it’s not required.
Sound therapy is said to restore the chakra balance and help the energy to move better throughout the body.
Aluminum - the Ultimate Conductor
The tuning forks in Life Changing Energy store are made with aluminum. While there are also steel tuning forks, aluminum has the potential to ring overtones, which are hidden sounds in music.
Dr. John Beaulieu, philosopher, and innovator in sound healing therapy, says in an article published on Omnivos Therapeutics that overtones are important because they stimulate the “neural net through tactile stimulations and auditory nerve conduction.”
What this really means is that overtones have a massage-like effect because it produces more pulsations. That travels through the body and creates structural and physiological healing.
Tuning Forks Improve Your Overall Well-Being
Tuning forks have been found to ...
- Tune the natural cycles of the body
- Unite body systems, aids digestion
- Lower inflammation
- Balance the nervous system
- Improve and deepen sleep
- Increase bone density
- Promote healing of strained muscle, tendon and ligaments
- Balance and create homeostasis in the body
- Open energetic pathways, alleviating stasis and relieving pain
- Relaxes muscle tension
- Lowers stress and anxiety
- Helps to balance hormones
Why Sound Healing Works
Sound healing is possible because our bodies are not solid and is mostly made up of water, which conducts sound four times faster. Just think of how you feel the beat of music inside you when you go to a concert. Everything in the universe is made of vibration.
Our bodies are rhythmic (just think of the circadian rhythm that monitors our bodies over 24 hour periods) and we instinctively know how we feel when that’s out of whack.
Many issues, problems, diseases can be traced back to something in our body that is out of tune or has lost its vibrational rhythm. That’s why tuning forks work so well. They help us to synchronize with natural cycles, which then enables us to find our balance and homeostasis. Homeostasis is fundamental to healing the physical body, mind and spirit.
Other Uses for Tuning Forks
Interestingly enough, facials are being given with tuning forks. They are used to vibrate in order rejuvenate the skin. This is a use of tuning forks that you might want a practitioner for and not try on yourself. It’s especially great for people who carry tension and stress in their facial muscles and you can target the chin and jowls.
As Coveteur reports, the vibrations can relax muscles and increase the body’s lymphatic drainage.
There is so much more that could be said about the practice and use of tuning forks. You’ll find how to best use them for your body and situation as you use them more and more. It could be the missing piece to your overall well-being in body, mind, and spirit.